The Hispanic Nashville Notebook celebrated its fifth year on October 21, 2008.
Some of the more notable stories from the past year:
- Fabian Bedne elected to Executive Committee of Davidson County Democratic Party
- 1776 Spanish coin found in old Nashville City Cemetery
- Felony immigration conviction, $2 million penalty for construction company that worked for Nashville Symphony, Vanderbilt Children's Hospital
- Winner of CMT's Gone Country: Julio Iglesias Jr., with bilingual song
- Valdez Streaty, Soto: two of Nashville's Women of Influence
- Eighty percent of Sheriff's deportations are for misdemeanors
- Cine Latino at 2008 Nashville Film Festival
- Raids denounced as immoral, double standard, threat to society
- With Papal call for hospitality, Our Lady of Guadalupe raises almost $1 million for new space
- Deaths of ordinary immigrants puts Corrections Corporation of America on front page of NYT
- Formal reprimand for Dickson County Juvenile Court Judge who overemphasized immigration
- VU's Dillehay honored for Araucanian archaeology
- Bilingual in the Boonies joins Parenting.com
- Visaless pregnancy, two Nashville law enforcement agencies put city under national scrutiny
- Nissan Americas: Nashville's newest Hispanic neighbor
- RESOLUTION PASSES BY 3-1 MARGIN: Council, Mayor ask Nashville to say "no" to foreign language ban
- Gabe Garcia: Nashville Star runner-up
- Is Mexican caricature the Bible Belt's new insult?
- Guerrero debuts as Nashville's conductor
"I just wanted to send you a brief e-mail to thank you for the Hispanic Nashville Notebook website. I recently moved to Nashville and it is your website that has given me a path to connect with Hispanics happenings in the area. I look at it every day!! ...I just wanted you to know that you are making a difference!"Photo by Leo Reynolds. Licensed under Creative Commons.
"Misinformation about the Hispanic community is a relevant problem in the US, particularly in Nashville; and you’re definitely addressing this issue. I just wanted to thank you for the effort you put in this site and encourage you to keep doing it."
"I've enjoyed Hispanic Nashville for several years - what a contribution you are making."
P & L Translations
"Thanks so much for your outstanding service to the community."
Rubén E. De Peña
Metropolitan Nashville Public Schools
"Mr. Lamb, thank you for all you are doing for the Latino community in and around Nashville."
Touchzone Records Recording Artist
"Thanks for all you do for the Latino community. Your heart is definite in the right place."
Pastor Tommy Vallejos
"Your contribution to the Nashville community through HispanicNashville.com is invaluable."
Hispanic Link Consulting
"What you are doing is significant and I am grateful."
Former Tennessean columnist
"Keep up the good work with all that you do!"
Latin Market Communications
"Thanks for all YOU do."
Cristina O. Allen
President, Caliente Consulting
"John Lamb is a hero of mine."
Mack, Coyote Chronicles