The consulates of Mexico in The United States have a program called Mobile Consulate. This program offers weekend visits to the Mexican communities that are far away from the office buildings of the consulates.
The main Mobile Consulate obejctives are:
· To know the problems and particular necessities of Mexicans that live in that area.
· Provide them consulate services.
· Detection of possible cases that need protection.
· Promote activities of the Instituto de los Mexicanos en el Exterior.
· Promote the Paisano program.
· Keep an ongoing dialogue with community leaders from that area.
With the Mobile Consulate program, Mexico’s government is even closer to its nationals living in far away places as Alaska and Hawaii.
Most of the services that the Consulate offers in its visits are:
· Issuing of high security consulate ID’s (matricula consular).
· Issuing of passports.
· Attend cases that need protection.
· Promotion of campaigns for preventive protection.
The next visit of the Mexican Mobile Consulate to Nashville will be
July 22, 2006
Woodbine Community Center,
222 Orel Ave., Nashville, TN 37210
If you would like to support this event please call Leticia Alvarez,
Tel. (615) 293-3717
Previous visits to Nashville of the Mexican Consulate in Atlanta were reported in the Hispanic Nashville Notebook in 2003, 2004, and 2005.