Dia de los Muertos is back at Cheekwood this Saturday, in what is becoming a popular Nashville tradition:
El Dia de los Muertos!
Saturday, October 29, 11am –4pm
$5 for members, $10 for Non-Members.
Children two and under enter free. Free passes available for those in need. Call 353-9827.
A day of celebration where families of all cultures enjoy learning about Latin-American traditions.
• Mariachi Sangre Mexicana de David Garrido Rangel, Ballet Folklorico La Colmena/ Spanish Dancing, Blanca Jager Classical Spanish Dancing, Serenatta Roamntic Latin Ensemble and San Rafael Trio.
Art Activities & Games:
• Gourd Painting, paper marigolds, skeleton jewelry and more!
• Spanish Bingo
• Mexican Market Place: Pangaea, US Border Cantina, Aurora Bakery, Las Paletas: Gourmet Popsicles
• Tour of the Museum and Community Altars
• Lecture on Day of the Dead
• A play for children: A Gift for Abuelita: Celebrating the Day of the Dead
• Storytelling with Grandma Irene
• All activities in Spanish and English
More information about Cheekwood at www.cheekwood.org