In response to the rising number of discrimination complaints from the Latino population in the greater Nashville area, the Metropolitan Development and Housing Agency (MDHA) and the Tennessee Fair Housing Council (TFHC) will present a seminar for organizations that work with the Latino community.
The seminar will help attendees detect housing discrimination and describe the resources and services available to those whose rights have been violated. The seminar is free of charge, and light refreshments will be available. Don't miss this opportunity!
Topics to be covered in the summit include:
· General information on the Fair Housing Act
· The Fair Housing Act and national origin
· Types of discriminatory conduct covered by the Act
· Documentation, immigration status and fair housing
· Dialogue with attendees about problems
· Discussion of potential education and enforcement strategies
Who: Tracey McCartney, TN Fair Housing Council
Esperanza Soriano, MDHA
Miguel Torres, NAHREP/Affordable Housing
What: Latino Fair Housing Summit
When: Thursday May 25, 2006 at 2 p.m.
Where: MDHA Conference Center,
701 South 6th Street Nashville, TN 37206
**Please RSVP for this event by calling Erick Veliz at 615.874.2344 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org **