Nashville attorney Ana Escobar has been named the 2012 President of the Davidson County Democratic Women.
Escobar has practiced criminal law in Nashville for over fifteen years. She started her career defending indigent citizens in the Office of the Public Defender and later became a prosecutor in the Office of the District Attorney, where she prosecuted mid-level drug organizations.
Escobar currently runs her own law firm - the Escobar Law Group - and is held in high regard by the local bar. In 2003, Escobar ranked second in a Nashville Bar Association rating of candidates for Davidson County General Sessions Judge.
Apart from her upcoming presidency of the DCDW, Escobar has held the following past and present community service roles:
- Planning Commission for Davidson County, Tennessee, Commissioner
- Tennessee Judicial Nominating Commission, Commission
- Nashville Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Prevention Partnership, Board of Directors
- Junior League of Nashville, Sustainer
- Davidson County Election Commission, Commissioner
- Nashville Bar Association, Chair of the Criminal Justice Committee
- Hands on Nashville, Board of Directors
- Advisory Council, El Protector
Some information sourced verbatim from Escobar's bio.