Two events hosted by local Hispanic chambers of commerce are competing for your attendance tonight:
The Franklin Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce invites you to an evening of networking TONIGHT on TUESDAY, JUNE 20th at 5:30PM, Franklin Police Department, 109 2nd Avenue South, Franklin, TN 37064. Hispanic marketing presentation by Latin Market Communications. Bring 50 business cards. You do not need to speak Spanish or know anything about the Hispanic market. All meetings are in English. $5 Members (and students), $10 non-members. You do not need to RSVP. Special speaker surprise!
The Nashville Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce hosts a Wage & Hour Forum tonight, June 20th, 2006, from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm at Scarritt-Bennett Center, 1008 19th Avenue South, Nashville, TN 37212. Many business owners are unaware of what is required to comply with discrimination and wage and hour laws until they are cited for violating them, which can be an expensive lesson. This is an opportunity for business owners to find out how the laws apply to them and to get answers to questions like:
• How to avoid employment discrimination complaints
• Examples of different kinds of employment discrimination issues such as I can’t hire a woman to do this job; paying men more than females for doing the same job; or telling a job applicant they are too old for the job and others
• How to respond to a complaint of discrimination
• When and how much you must pay your employees
• Examples of wage violations such as not paying an employee for overtime, or the special minimum wages for restaurant employees; when and what you must pay an employee when you terminate him/her
• How to respond to a wage violation complaint
This event is FREE and OPEN to the public. Please call (615) 216-5737 or e- mail us at email@example.com if you would like to highlight your business at this program.